Inner Differences

Written by Zelda

 

                Wraith sat thoughtfully, searching though all the great spells of old in his mind. It had taken centuries for him to learn and memorize them.           

                "Well?" Dragaunus asked impatiently, tapping his taloned foot on the metal floor. Wraith suddenly grinned, and leaned over, whispering it in Dragaunus's ear. As he listened, Dragaunus's eyes lit up with maliciousness. "Are you sure it will work?" Dragaunus asked.

                "I'm more than sure of this one." Wraith guaranteed. "And, it will give us an extra henchman!"

                "Good then. It shall be done!" Dragaunus declared. "I hope you three can see to the arranging of this without bungling it up?"

                "Of course! We will not fail you, my Lord." Wraith assured.

                "Excellent. You may enact our plans at your will." said Dragaunus, walking away and down the

burning red metal corridors of the Raptor. Wraith wiped a few beads of sweat from his forehead, and bent down into his com.

                "Siege, Chameleon, get up here." he ordered. "Our operation starts now."

 

                Zelda giggled uncontrollably. Finally, she burst out into plain laughter, rolling and squirming to try and get away. Finally, she bounded up, collapsing in exhaustion and breathlessness on the Rec. Room mat not too far away. Grin got up and tossed one of his own feathers away.

                "Try and win a spar against me, will you?" he sneered.

                "No fair, you can't tickle like that!" panted Zelda. Wildwing, who was lifting weights nearby, chuckled.

                "Yeah, try and find that one in a rule book." He set his weights down and sighed. Suddenly, the loud, echoing alarm of Drake One resounded through the hallways. Tanya sat up immediately from her bench press, nearly knocking her head on the bar as she did so.

                "What is it?" asked Duke.

                "It's a break in at Palm Laboratories, with teleportation energy!" Tanya responded, checking her Omnitool.

                "Are we ready to move?" Wildwing asked. By this time, the team was up and ready. "Good, let's go!"

 

                Palm Labs was a long, low, concrete building, out in the middle of the desert.

                "So THIS is Palm Labs!" said Tanya, as the Migrator pulled up. "They do lots of genetic testing out here. A lot of the facility is actually underground."

                "Maybe Dragaunus wants their technology." thought Wildwing. "Okay team, let's move!" The team trooped out of the Migrator and rounded a corner to find the tree henchmen standing before a large metal

doorway, Siege trying to bust it in with his tail.                            

                "Ahhh, we were hoping you'd show up." grinned Wraith.

                "Alright! The party's ready to start!" cried The Chameleon. He suddenly morphed, appearing in a burst of confetti with a party hat on. He darted up to Wildwing

and strapped a party hat onto his head too, snapping the elastic string underneath his beak. Wildwing snarled and shoved The Chameleon away.

                "Back off you twerp!" Siege yelled, grabbing the lizard back. "You're gonna ruin everything!" He then turned up to Wraith. "It's showtime!" he yelled. Wraith stood back, drawing up his staff. The edges of his

claws and the whites of his eyes glowed, while an undetectable wind ruffled his scales.

                "I call upon the dark forces of the Saurian Empire!" Wraith chanted dismally into the air. Slowly, a strange phosphoresce came over the air around the team. They backed away from each other in a slow panic. "From the darkness of the soul, may the line of differences be brought forth, and the body cast from it's part immortal!" Wraith chanted. He drew a fireball up in his claws, but it blazed blue instead of orange. He threw it into the fog, but there was no wave of heat, no fire at all. But Wildwing saw what the blast really did, and it was something that was much worse.

 

                Blindsided, the ball of flames hit Zelda in the side. She screamed in pain, and was thrown violently to the ground. The blue streaks surged over her, and then faded away into static. Zelda lay still.

                "Zelda!" cried Mallory, who had also seen the blow. Mallory stooped beside her, covering for her. The team looked around to see that the Saurians all stood together, weapons down. Wildwing ignored the chance to attack. His prime concern was the safety of his team.

                "Is she okay?" he asked.

                "She's not responding. She's alive and

all, just isn't conscious." Mallory said, puzzled.                            

                "She's not unconscious." said a familiar voice. "The body has just lost its guiding light." The Ducks looked up, to see two dragons standing before them. One was a blinding white with onyx black eyes, and the other was black, with burning white eyes. Both of them had wings lined with gold. The flesh on both

of them seemed to flow and wave and flutter as if it weren't solid, as if it were the tip of a feather in the breeze. The white one immediately came forward to the Ducks, while the black one stood still.

                "We are the two halves of Zelda's soul!" She cried, obviously distressed at what had just taken place. "The Saurian spell has split Zelda's soul from her body, and then halved it, into the good and the evil." Wildwing reached down for Zelda's body. "Worry not." said the white dragon, stooping over her. "The body will live as if asleep, for now. The real danger lies there!" The white dragon pointed fearfully at the black one, who drew herself up and grinned. Suddenly, the wings of the black one exploded out, two huge, wispy shrouds of jet.

                "Finally, I am free!" she roared. She then looked over at the Saurian line. "Free from all of my restraints. Free to join up my cause with the ones who are truly of my blood." She padded over, wings still outspread, and stood before the Saurians. Wraith patted her on the head.

                "Come." he said. "Lord Dragaunus awaits you." Suddenly, the four disappeared in a green shadow. The white dragon paced out in alarm to stop them, but recoiled when she saw it was futile. She sat on the trampled grass and hung her head.

                "Oh, something deep within told me this day would come. Now, matters are worse." she moaned.    

                "Excuse me, could SOMEBODY explain what's going on here?" asked Duke. The dragon turned about.

                "We must get back to the Pond. It is the only place where we may be safe."

 

                Zelda's body was laid down on a Medicom table. She lay like one dead, but pulse and breathing were close to normal.

                "She took a hit, the body needs some time to recover." muttered the white dragon as it stood over her.

                "Okay, whoever you are, time to spill the beans." said Dive, tapping his foot on the floor. "Who are you and what happened back there?" The dragon sat down and sighed.

                "There is a division of ground within your

soul. One side is good, the other is evil. There is no way to eliminate these boundaries, for they determine friend from foe." Grin nodded. At least he understood. "The spell Wraith cast over me was in two parts. One, to cast the soul from the body before the time of death, and two, to separate it at this line of division. I, simply put, am the good half, taking with me in my form all that is noble, good, and honest about myself. My other half is the evil one. The one who will become an infallible ally of the Saurian. She is the great pawn

of evil, masked in black. She will attack and kill you without question, for she stands for all that is evil, yet she carries Zelda's discipline and nobility to the Saurian front as well."

                "Oh...kay." Duke said slowly, working all of this out.

                "It's complex, I know." said Zelda. "I'm still the same dragon, just a worried one."

                "Worried? About what?" asked Tanya. Zelda turned about.

                "The soul cannot be separated and live for long. Maybe a month, maybe a few days, I'm not sure. However, if the spell isn't broken, both the body and the weaker half of the soul will die." Zelda sighed, and stared up at the team with hollow black eyes. Wildwing was still trying to screw his head on right. Was this form really Zelda's soul? "That's what worries me. If I die, then there will be nothing left from stopping the slaughter of you all."

 

                The dragon stared, amused, at the tall Saurian before her.

                "Hola." she said, unmoving, with a sly Spanish accent.

                "At last, the time has come." Dragaunus grinned in reply. "My henchmen, meet your newest partner." he said, turning to show Zelda to the rest of the group. In the eerie red light of the Raptor, it gave her the true look of a demon, yet she was still the same Zelda.

                "No way! A puny little shadow. What's she gonna do?" Siege laughed at the dragon. Zelda reared up and spread her claws. Huge, gaping talons of pure black. She

opened her jaws to reveal teeth of a blazing white.

                "I would be honored to prove you wrong." she snarled. Siege stepped up, growling. He suddenly lunged at her. Zelda whipped herself around and slashed at him as he flew past her. He cried in pain as the claws went through his shoulder almost effortlessly. She stood over him as he lay, and then helped him up gently. Siege stared at her, amazed. "We are henchmen, of one blood."

she smiled. Siege patted her on the head. This would be fun.

 

                Wildwing lay in his bunk. It was really late at night. The whole afternoon was spent trying to scrap up anything they could find on the spells Wraith had cast over Zelda. However, all they found was Zelda's own knowledge. She had explained to the best of her

ability the mission they would have to undertake. But now they had to rest. Zelda lay awake in her hammock, like she has always done. But the corner glowed with the light cast up by her own body.

                "Will you be okay?" Grin asked Zelda as he settled in for the

night.

                "Get your rest." Zelda smiled warmly. "Let me worry about these matters." Grin sighed, and lay down. Wildwing did as well. In a few minutes, he was fast asleep.

 

                The infirmary door slid open slowly. Zelda padded in like a cat, the long tendrils of black fog sliding with her as she went. She walked over to the spot were Zelda's body lay, and smiled, spreading her wings and rearing up. She looked it over and thought hard. She too knew the details of the spell. Wraith had told her everything. Her white eyes glared.

                "This body shall die soon anyway." she reasoned out loud. Grinning, she raised her claws. "So why not just end it all now?" She brought her claws down in a raking slash that tore into the body's shoulder. Blood started to flow out of the four deep gashes, but the body didn't respond. "This is too easy." Zelda grinned, looking at the deep red blood dripping off of her claws.

                "I think the difficulty factor just kicked up a notch or two!" yelled a voice behind her. The black dragon swiveled about to face the white one, coming through the door.

                "I KNEW you were here!" the black one sneered.                        

                "Couldn't stay away, could you?" the white one replied.

                "I have orders from Dragaunus." The black one sneered, eyes burning. "For the death of you all." The black one spread its wings and turned. "And I am more than happy to oblige!" The black one roared and sprung out, enswriling the two in battle. The white one was pinned immediately, and the black one took no time in raking her flat across the snout. The white one screamed out in intense pain as the claws sheared through her, and rolled away to a corner. She staggered up, and watched in horror as the black one, wings spread ominously, strode towards her. "It's obvious." she chuckled, her jaws gaping. "That you also possess Zelda's fear."

 

                Suddenly, a shot ripped up the ground between the two, who flew backwards, startled. Wildwing and the rest of the team stood in the infirmary doorway.

                "Wildwing, back off!" Zelda yelped in alarm. The black dragon grinned at them.

                "I suppose it's time to call in the reinforcements." she said. Suddenly, three green shadows separated her from the rest of the team, revealing Siege, Wraith, and The Chameleon in their place.

                "Surprise!" Siege yelled, and the Saurians leapt forwards.

 

                The room suddenly lit up with the crossfire of lasers and pucks. The four henchmen took up behind a Medicom bed, while the team shot out from the doorway. The white dragon got up and limped over to the team.

                "What is that?" asked Nosedive, pointing to Zelda's snout. A drop of red blood ran over from her wound and fell on the ground, dissolving before his eyes. Zelda looked up.

                "No one said souls don't bleed." she sighed. The black dragon stood, impatient. Slowly, she whispered something into Siege's ear. He grinned, and then tilted his laser upwards. With one shot, the lights in the room exploded and went black.

 

                The room suddenly fell silent. There was nothing but the dim light from the doorway to guide the Ducks' shots, and the Saurians were too far back to see. Suddenly, about five feet away from them, two ovals of burning white burst open. The black dragon pounced out of the shadows, shoving Nosedive backwards to the ground. Grin immediately slapped her away. The black dragon got up quickly, grinned, and ran off down the hall. Wildwing saw it.

                "Stay here!" he ordered the team, and dashed off, following the dragon.

 

                Wildwing stepped with caution. He knew that dragon could be anywhere. But he didn't want to hurt her. After all, she was still Zelda. He stepped into a storage room, peering along the stacks of crates that lined the walls. Suddenly, a deep growling came from off to his right. He stepped in, and closed the door behind him.

                "That was stupid." giggled the dragon, striding out from behind a crate, and standing in front of the door. "That really was."

                "I'm not afraid of you Zelda." Wildwing said.                                

                "Really?" Zelda grinned, rearing up. She spread out her wings again, and drew up her claws. "You are a fool. So I'm just going to have to make you afraid." She grinned, shying away at her own joke. Then, suddenly, she screamed and leapt out at Wildwing. It surprised him. He felt the force of her slam him back, against the floor. His right shoulder dug into the corner of a metal storage crate. Wildwing cried out in pain as he felt the muscles in his arm straining and tearing. With difficulty, he raised his arm, and brought out his ice shield. Zelda grinned. "You think your pitiful armor will save you?" she ridiculed. She delivered a raking blow that left three huge gauges in the shield. A slap with her tail made the shield break, exploding into little glowing pieces that strew themselves across the room. Wildwing shot an ice puck at her, and she screamed, disaearing into the freezing mists it created. Wildwing got up quickly and backed away, but was shocked to see Zelda bound out of the vapors and at him again. She stumbled across the icy floor, but seconds later Wildwing felt her teeth shearing into the flesh of his unprotected leg, and her jaws nearly squeezing the bone into splinters. He threw his head up in pain, and stomped down on the dragon with his other foot. She withdrew, hiding in the mists. Wildwing backed into a corner so he could stand, and activated his Mask. Through the vapors, he could see her clearly. Zelda bounded up to him again, and he braced himself for her to leap on him, but instead she leapt up into the air. She spun around, slapping him down hard on the right shoulder, with her tail. He collapsed to the floor under the blow, and raised his other arm, shooting at her. She screamed in pain and fell to the floor before him. Good, it had hit her. Suddenly, she got up, and rammed against him, as if the shot had had no effect at all! He saw the ivory white teeth show again, as her jaws closed around his left arm. He screamed as his elbow joint was squeezed. He felt as if the bones would snap in two, when Zelda suddenly let go. But why? Zelda seemed to read his thoughts. "I am a creature of mercy Wildwing." she explained.

                "You call this mercy!" he coughed, holding his arm, trying to stop the bleeding.

                "I could have killed you a long time ago." she snarled. "But I like to see my enemies suffer." She reared back, snarling, her eyes burning white. "But maybe it's time I stopped being so nice."

 

                Duke snarled as he dodged a laser. He was worried about Wildwing, but he had bigger things to tend to. He used his sword to shear the end of Chameleon's laser gun off. He then reared back and kicked him in the stomach. Suddenly, Siege stood up.

                "Let's go!" he yelled. The three stood, and disappeared into a huge green shadow.

                "Was that just a tad too easy, or was it me?" asked Dive, reloading his puck launcher.

                "Easy for us, maybe not for another." said Zelda.

                "What?" asked Mallory.

                "Come!" yelled Zelda. The blazing white dragon leapt off, and down the hallway. Remembering, the team ran after her.

 

                Zelda paced down the hallways. The red light cast a deep, foreboding accent over her sleek black scales. She walked into the control room. Dragaunus turned around.

                "Well?" he asked into the dark shadows. Zelda was a pair of blazing white eyes. Suddenly, something dropped before her on the floor. It was Wildwing's armor and puck launcher off of his left arm. It thunked and lay still on the ground, torn, bloody, and full of scrapes and puncture holes. Dragaunus smiled. "Excellent! Did you kill him?" Zelda took a step back.

                "Of course not." she said. Dragaunus snarled.                             

                "Then I guess you didn't get the Mask either!"

                "I had the chance to, believe me." Zelda replied calmly.

                "Well then why didn't you!? We could have used its technology!" Zelda reared up and snarled loudly, eyes burning.

                "I do not kill immediaetly, Dragaunus. Nor do I steal things which are not needed." Dragaunus stepped down. "Believe me." Zelda grinned, showing her bloodstained claws. "I make my enemies suffer. Wildwing is safely out of the way." Dragaunus smiled slowly.

 

                "Easy! Easy!" instructed Zelda, as the team heaved Wildwing onto a Medicom bed. The scanner was started. "He's still conscious, lost a lot of blood." Zelda reported. She leapt up beside him and started bandaging his wounds. He was really scraped up. His armor was full of holes and scrapes, and he had four deep gashes in the side of his face.

                "But why didn't she kill him?" Mallory asked, awestruck at what had happened.

                "Maybe she didn't have the chance." Nosedive said, wiping his brother's blood off of his hands.

                "She did." snorted Zelda. "But my other half wanted to see him suffer first. That's why she kept him conscious. So he couldn't escape from the pain." Wildwing's eyes were locked in a wince.

                "Dragaunus will pay for this!" snarled Grin. Suddenly, Zelda ducked her head, squinting.

                "What is it Zelda?" asked Tanya. Zelda recovered herself slowly, then bounded over to her body. Breathing rate and pulse were farther below normal. Zelda shivered.

                "It has started." she gasped.

                "What?"

                "The soul is weakening, and I am the one who is buckling under." She stared up. "The spell must be broken soon. I must come with you to help, but we haven't much time."

                "And we're a man down." muttered Duke.

Wildwing sat up slowly.

                "Be careful." he advised.

                "We will Bro." eased Dive.

                "Come on, we can track the teleportation energy the Saurians left behind, and find the Raptor!" said Tanya. Grin gently picked Zelda's body up off of the table, and carried it out of the room, behind the others.

 

                Dragaunus listened intently.

                "We must prepare for an assault." Zelda advised. "I can feel the spell doing it's work. The Ducks may attack us out of desperation to break it."

                "An excellent suggestion Lord." agreed Wraith.                          

                "Very well." said Dragaunus. "Here's our plan: this is our turf, we have the advantage. So pull them in deep, and we can close in behind them. Trap them if you can, and they'll just fade away." Dragaunus grinned. "But I want the dibs on one of the Ducks. I don't care which one, now that Wildwing's down. But I just want to kill one of them."

                "Yes, and if anyone's getting in a fight with my other half, it will be me. I'd enjoy nothing more than to make her crumble." Zelda sneered. The four split up to go and ready the weapons. Chameleon took the controls so he could fire the ship's outer lasers. Wraith and Zelda went off to coordinate the positioning of the

hunter drones, and Seige went off to check and distribute all the laser guns.

                "My favorite part of the job." he snarled happily, rubbing the muzzle of his own. Suddenly, an alarm rang on the Raptor's control panel. Dragaunus leaned over and checked it, and then spoke into his com.

                "Get ready, my henchmen." he smiled. "The birds are about to take the bait."

 

                The Aerowing suddenly lurched to the side.                 

                "Looks like they were expecting us!" yelped Duke, as he struggled at the controls. Dive pivoted the lasers, and fired haphazardly back.

                "Okay team, we'll need to land and get in, so remember to keep shooting for cover." instructed Mallory, as the team readied their weapons. Duke plunked

the Aerowing down in a grassy clearing, in the middle of a forest. The Raptor had de-cloaked to fire on them, so they would have no trouble spotting it. "Okay team, let's move!" yelled Mallory, and the whole bunch of them trooped out. Grin laid Zelda's body down in the grass, and started to pry the doors apart. He slowly succeeded, while the rest of the team leapt through. He stopped for a moment to pick Zelda's body up and plunk it onto his broad shoulder, before he followed them. He jumped into the ship to find a long line of hunter drones standing in the wide bay room. Wraith stood at the head of the line.

                "Ahh, we were hoping you would come." he grinned. "We even baked you a cake." Wraith signaled the charge, and the drones started to fire.

 

                The drones crashed into the Ducks with a noise that shook the metal floor. Grin snarled and grabbed two drones by the backs of thier necks. He smashed them together, and backed away as they fell into a sparking heap on the floor. Tanya took up a spot along the wall, crouched on the floor, and braced her puck cannon against her shoulder. She swung it around lightly, aiming it at a drone who was creeping up behind Nosedive. She aimed carefully and pulled the trigger. The cannon handle kicked back slightly against her shoulder as an explosive puck shot out, speeding towards it's target. Dive and his opponents disappeared momentarily in the sparking light that came out, but when it cleared, all that was left were a few heaps of smoldering red metal. Dive waved a thanks over to Tanya, and they both ran off again. Mallory placed her foot against the backside of

a drone, and shoved it away, hard. Duke rolled up from underneath it, and slashed it in half with his free sword. The two suddenly ducked as a fireball ripped up in front of them. Wraith parted through the smoke, and swiped his stick downwards. Duke felt something smack down hard on his shoulder, and he fell to the floor, stunned. Mallory reared back and fired haphazardly into the smoke. Wraith withdrew slightly. Mallory pursued him into a thicker smoke, but Wraith's thick claws tore into the side of her arm. She screamed in surprise and pain, falling back and crouching beside Duke. He staggered up, and they both moved out into a clearer area. Tanya saw them coming out. She covered for them as the drones followed. Suddenly, something landed roughly over her, on her shoulders. The puck cannon was wrenched from her hands, and the weight was gone. A black shadow landed before her. In an act of malice, she bit into the cannon and wrenched upwards, tearing it in half. Suddenly, A white shadow slammed into the black one. Zelda rolled over with her other half, shoving her away. Tanya was going to follow, but a laser that snapped across the wall stopped her. Siege's fist rammed hard into the pit of her stomach. Tanya was snapped violently backwards, and fell, stunned, on the floor. She looked up to see

Siege's tail flying towards her side, but Grin rammed hard into him and knocked him away. The solid bone tail club slammed into the floor, barely missing her, leaving a dent after it moved away. Tanya rolled over slowly, feeling the pain run up her sides in streaks as she staggered up on her knees. From the snarls of anger and pain she heard, she could tell that Zelda and her other half were close by.

 

                There was no black and white anymore. The two dragons were so torn and shredded that they were nearly washed over with red. However, one was still stronger. The two swooshed around with outstretched wings in a circle, sizing each other up. Only the black one's wings were still whole, and the white one's flopped about in sorrowful rags. The black one giggled.

                "You're weakening, you and I both can feel it." The white dragon stared in stubborn fury. "Time is running out." the black one seethed, rearing back. The white dragon stared up, breathing heavily. She realized her other half was right. Suddenly, the black one circled around, smacking the white one away with the full brunt of the tail.  The white dragon collapsed backwards to the ground, gasping for breath. The black dragon charged from nearby and landed on top of her, the claws digging into the exposed stomach. The white dragon screamed and stared up in terror. The black one grinned through bloodstained teeth. "Time is running out." she snarled again. The lasers and smoke swirled about the two. Zelda whined loudly. Suddenly, she whipped her claws up and caught the black one across the snout. The black shadow stumbled back, leaving four deep red gashes across her face. The white dragon had a chance to get up. She locked her elbows, and staggered, but collapsed back to the ground. She was bleeding too much. Her whole body seemed a dizzying, reeling mass of pain. She groaned and fell back. The black one stood a little ways off, grinning. Wraith was farther in the smoke. He leaned against his staff and snarled in victory. Slowly, Zelda heaved herself back onto her feet again. The black one cocked her head and walked up to meet her. "So, one last stand?" she grinned. The white dragon stumbled back a few paces and roared. The black one did the same. They met in a final crashing blow, ramming their heads together much like a pair of rams. They disaeared in a waft of smoke, leaving nothing to sense of them but their roaring screams. But when the smoke cleared, they were both gone! Tanya sat up, agape. Wraith stared in shock. "No!" he stammered. "It can't be!"

 

                Grin suddenly cried and fell backwards. He gripped three huge gashes in his stomach in pain. He glanced behind him to see that Zelda's body had fallen from his shoulder, and had bounced to a stop a few feet away. He reached out to her, but something snatched her away in a blur of red. A heavy foot came crashing down on his side, three talons digging into his ribcage. Dragaunus stood above him, holding Zelda's body by the back of the neck. The hunter drones and henchmen stopped fighting at the sight of him, and the Ducks turned about to see him. He held the little dragon high in the

air. He started to laugh out loud, and then threw her to the ground. She landed with a thump and lay motionless.         

"Congratulations!" he sneered. "You had broken the spell that separated Zelda's soul." Nosedive cocked his head in surprise. "However, you failed to rejoin it with her body. Zelda is dead!" Dragaunus let off of Grin, who rolled up and hobbled off to Tanya's side. They stared back in horror. Dragaunus snarled and stepped forwards, over her, approaching the team. "I wanted one of you to kill. Now it looks like I can get you all." he grinned, looming up.

"I don't think so." snarled a familiar voice behind him. Zelda was on her feet, grinning.

                "Zelda!" yelled Duke. She unfolded her wings and

stretched them ominously. "Playing opossum. Gets them every time." she grinned, not moving. Dragaunus roared in frustration.

                "There's no getting rid of YOU, is there!" he

roared. He snarled and spun around to face her, but the ominous clicking of puck launchers stopped him in his tracks.

                "Not another move." hissed Nosedive.

Dragaunus glanced around in panic, to see his henchmen battered and most of the hunter drones destroyed. He snapped up his wrist and snarled, disappearing in a green shadow with his forces, retreating deeper into the depths of the ship. Nosedive reached out to stop him, but

Mallory held him back.

                "Come on, let's get back home." she eased. Zelda sighed and leaned back slightly. Finally, she raised her head, and came limping slightly up to the rest.

                "Zelda, are you okay?" asked Duke, squatting down to rub her on the head.

                "Yes, yes. I

owe you my life." she grinned, taking Duke's hand in her claws. "And it looks like you took a few bumps and bruises too. Not to mention poor Wildwing."

                "Never mind that." said Grin, glancing around him. "Let's get out of here."

 

                Zelda leaned up and nuzzled Wildwing's gloved hand gently. He opened his eyes and leaned up slightly. "Hey." she grinned.

                "Hey." he smiled, obviously relived.

                "I'm sorry about all of this mess." Zelda started.

                "The only one we have to blame for all of this is the Sauirans." Tanya replied.

                "Well, one thing's for sure." Zelda sighed. "This whole thing has been a huge out-of-body experience." She grinned, and sat back down, smiling.

 

The End

 

Mighty Ducks-The Animated Series, including all logos and characters (except me) are copyright and property of Disney. You may copy, print, or whatever with this document, so long as it is not altered and I (Zelda) am credited. Thanks!