Legends of Stone, part 2

Written by Zelda

 

               

                All he could hear was a loud, blood curdling scream, then there was a massive crash, an impact. Zelda had screamed and fell, crashing to a halt on the stones in the center court of the castle. Duke was nowhere to be seen. The Dragon thrashed, the head and tail curling like the death throes of a wounded snake. She roared in fury and anger, snapping at anyone and anything that moved. Fire spat onto the ground form everywhere, and there was a swirling, pink and blue light that crept over her, scale by scale. Her whole body was soon enveloped. She finally threw her head down in a slam that made the ground shudder, and she lay still. Tanya stayed where she was, pressing down on the wound on Wildwing's shoulder to keep it from bleeding. The Aerowing landed a safe distance away, and the rest of the team came out. While Nosedive went to help his brother, Grin and Mallory approached the dead dragon, the body now still, swirling and flashing with light. Grin walked cautiously around her head. The Dragon was still breathing, its eyes still glowed orange.

                "Duke?" he called. Duke snorted in reply.

                "Get this thing off of me!" he moaned. Duke lay on his stomach, beneath the thick neck of the beast. Grin grabbed one of his arms and pulled. Suddenly, the Dragon snarled and whipped a wing up, pushing Grin away. Grin approached again, cautiously. Mallory came around by the neck on the other side. Slowly, the creature had started to fade, becoming transparent, but still flashing and swirling in its center core. Something lashed within the creature, and the Dragon suddenly whipped up again, roaring. It snarled and thrashed with a new life as its core whirled and churned. Suddenly, Zelda roared, and tore her way from the dragon's midsection. She stumbled backwards snarling. The creature, now fading quickly, raised its head and roared at her. But the creature was determined not to be finished. It snapped at her with its head, but Zelda roared back and raked it across the snout with a claw. The Dragon screamed and stood up, rearing. In a flash of swirling light and scream of frustration, it disa[peared, finally leaving the others to their peace.

 

                Zelda stood staring, panting for breath. Duke stood up, relatively unhurt by the fall, and Mallory and Grin came with him to meet her.     

                "You okay?" Mallory asked.

                "I'm fine." Zelda snorted. "That dragon just kept me as a prisoner inside of it. It only needed a prisoner to survive. The more it killed, the stronger it got. When I escaped, I guess that did it, and hitting the flesh underneath that red scale made that possible."

                "Can we go home now?" Nosedive whined. Wildwing and Tanya came over and everyone regrouped by the Aerowing.

                "Jeez, this was a spooky trip. I just thought, you know, those kinds of dragons were only legend." Duke said.

                "Legends and magic live and breathe in places like this." Grin said.

                "I agree. You can smell it in the air." Zelda sighed. As the team walked onto the ship, there was an echoing in the mist. Something faint, between the scream of an eagle and the cry of an animal of long ago.

 

The End

 

Mighty Ducks-The Animated Series, including all logos and characters (except me) are copyright and property of Disney. You may copy, print, or whatever with this document, so long as it is not altered and I (Zelda) am credited. Thanks!