The Duck with the Silver Mask, part 2

Written by Zelda

 

 

                Zelda whipped her tail around and slammed a panel in. Wildwing did the same, and the bars opened. Slowly, the others came out, still a little shaken from the mess back at the Pond.

                "Let's get outta here, before they know we've flown the coop!" Nosedive said frantically.

                "Too late!" A voice yelled behind him. Suddenly, the narrow corridor was lit up with sparks and heat. Lasers darted everywhere.

                "You're property of me now." Dragaunus roared. "You're not going anywhere!"

                "Oh yeah?" Stivz snapped. He whipped out his launcher and began to fire. They ran out of the corridor, firing behind them. They fell, stumbled up, and flung themselves onward. Finally, they approached the bay doors.

                "Hold them back!" Wildwing yelled. Tanya ran to the wall, and ripped open a metal panel on the wall.

                "Tanya?" Stivz asked.

                "It's shut! I'll have to override the command!" She yelled back. Wildwing stooped down from fighting to help his fallen brother out of the crossfire.

                "We don't have that much time!" Duke yelled. Grin broke from his position, and rammed into the door with a massive shoulder. He kicked and pried until he had opened the doors enough to let them through. One by one, the Ducks broke from the fighting to get out. As Zelda flew out, Wildwing, Nosedive, and Stivz stayed behind. Wildwing shoved his brother out, as they all crept as a group towards the doors.

                "Go on!" Stivz yelled. "I'll shut them down!" Wildwing tried to protest, but Stivz shoved him on. Wildwing ran all the way back to the open hatch of the ship, to see Stivz prying himself from his position and dashing out the door. The drones stuffed themselves into the small opening in the hatch, and started to fire. Stivz ran as fast as he could across the open ground, leaping and ducking to avoid the laser fire. Wildwing, leaning out of the hatch, raised his launcher, aimed, and fired. The drones disappeared in a flash of blue explosion. Stivz reached the hatch and flung himself in. As the Aerowing blasted off, he stood up, collected himself, and sat down on the floor, gasping for breath.

                "You okay?" asked Wildwing, pulling him up.

                "Yeah, thanks for that shot."

                "Well, I owed you." he grinned back. The Raptor was still firing on them, but Mallory pivoted the laser backwards and shot back. Finally, they were out of range, and cruised home.

 

                Duke flopped on the bench, panting. Stivz stood ready at the door, waiting for the whistle to blow again so they could set up the face off.

                "That was a good shift Duke." he praised.

                "Don't patronize me." Duke grinned, still heaving to catch his breath. "We're still tied with only a minute left in OT. You think you can snag this?"

                "Watch me." Stivz smiled, and leapt out of the bench. Mallory stood in the face off circle, growling at her opponent. The puck clattered as it hit the ice, and Mallory snagged it. She slid it through her legs and back to Grin, who passed it ahead for Nosedive. Mallory and Nosedive gained the red line, with Tanya and Grin hovering behind them. Stivz raced up, as the right defensemen rushed to meet him, with the intent of checking him as he swooped behind the net. Stivz put on the brakes and swerved in the opposite direction, so the defensemen checked himself. Stivz continued around the net as Nosedive forwarded him the puck. He swooped around the net and ripped the shot loose, which went right under the goalie's pads, and into the goal. The crowed roared, with 10 seconds left in overtime. Once again, the Ducks won the face off, and simply skated back behind their net, letting the time run out. Duke and Zelda came off of the bench to meet the rest of the team in front of Wildwing.

                "GREAT game guys!" Wildwing laughed.

                "We did it together." Stivz agreed. For his first NHL game, he joined the team as they raised their sticks in a victory cry.

 

The End

 

Mighty Ducks-The Animated Series, including all logos and characters (except mine) are copyright and property of Disney. You may copy, print, or whatever with this document, so long as it is not altered and I (Zelda) am credited. Thanks to Stivz on this one!