Youth, part 2

Written by Gretchen and Zelda

 

 

        Wildwing had shot a puck to distract Dragaunus.                

        "Gretchen get outta there!" Wildwing ordered.

        "No! I have to find Wraith!" Gretchen cried back.

        "WHAT?! FORGET HIM!" Wildwing shrieked. "You're going to get blown up!"

        "I need to see him!" Gretchen said and crawled underneath more crates.

        "Zelda!" Wildwing shouted. "Go after her! She is going to get herself killed!" Zelda flew out and dove in after her. Wildwing was then piled on by Dragaunus.

        "Gretchen! Wraith doesn't care about you! Come back!" Zelda pleaded.

Gretchen ignored her and jumped up and ran into the next room. Wraith was standing there lifting a large box.

        "Wraith!" Gretchen cried. "Um...." Wraith turned to the ground. Zelda ran in a snarled at Wraith.

        "That was low Wraith....." she growled. Wraith was startled at her harshness. "Turning us into babies to get you on your side! Wildwing's leg is STILL bandaged you know!"

        Wraith shrugged. "It's a living." Then he smiled wickedly and hurled a ball past Gretchen and hit Zelda hard slamming her against the wall. Zelda fell limply to the ground whimpering. Gretchen gasped. How could he? She snarled angrily and flew at him, kicking him flat in the stomach. Wraith flew backwards and skidded to stop on the floor.

                "Yeah!" Wildwing patted Zelda as she stood up beside him. He stood safely behind a crate. He must have shaken off Dragaunus. Gretchen tried to smile back but then looked at Wraith who was staring back at her.

        "Alright Wraith..." Gretchen snarled. Wraith hobbled back up.

        "I prefer my ducks....smoked." and Wraith hurled a fireball at Gretchen knocking her to the ground.

        "GRETCHEN!" Wildwing cried. But before he could get to her, Dragaunus stepped in the way.

        Gretchen tried to get up but retreated quickly because of the pain. Wraith stood over her now. Watching her suffer. He grinned wickedly.

                "Now it ends duck..." He snarled and lifted a large crate above her head. Gretchen just looked at him...with the same eyes she had had when she was a baby. Wraith stopped. He looked down at her and cocked his head.

        "Y-You were the baby...." he said softly. Gretchen just sat there in pain and had tears in her eyes. Wraith sighed. It was Gretchen who had got him to saefty when he was dying. And they had had some great times when she was a baby. He sighed and put the crate down. "Go....just this once...get up and leave." Gretchen just collapsed back on the ground. Wraith looked around for a distraction. If Dragaunus saw this he would flip.

        "Look Lord!" Wraith cried. "We had better leave..." Dragaunus turned around sharply.

        "Why...."Dragaunus asked casually. Wraith looked around again.

        "Because.....the humans will be here soon!" He snarled. Dragaunus knew something was wrong and knew better then to question one of Wraith's feelings. Dragaunus sighed and called Siege and The chameleon. The 4 disappeared in a green shadow, with Gretchen lying on the floor.

 

                Gretchen propped herself up on one elbow, head resting on the floor, as Zelda and Wildwing realized the Saurians had gone and came to help her. Gretchen tried to get up but fell back because of the pain.

                "Easy, easy girl, let's see what those lizards have done now." Zelda said, Gretchen lay still as Zelda examined her charred clothing.

                "Minor burns to her midsection and shoulders. You'll be fine kiddo." Zelda said, relived. Gretchen still winced.

                "Come on, we've all had enough action for today." Wildwing said. He gently leaned down and scooped Gretchen up in his arms, giving her a little kiss on the cheek. "Let's go back and fix you up for the game tonight. We can leave the cops to this mess." he smiled, and walked off, through the smoke, and out the

doors.

 

                Zelda, Laura and Gretchen sat on the couch of the ready room. "Man, I never wanna see another baby again!" Laura laughed.

        "Me neither" Gretchen sighed rubbing her bandaged shoulder.

        "Hey, I actually feel sorry for babies now! If they have to go through that every day!" Zelda giggled. Wildwing and the other walked off the elevator and smiled at the 3.

                "Hey guys." Duke said patting Zelda on her nose. Zelda smiled at him. Wildwing walked over to Gretchen and kissed her gently.

                "Hey, how ya doin' Gretchen?"

        "Fine I guess.." Gretchen sighed. "But Wraith...." Tanya and Nosedive walked over to her.

        "Hey, forget him." Zelda said smiling again.

        "He had a heart for 3 seconds..." Tanya said thoughtfully.

        "Yeah… maybe your right." Gretchen smiled up at them and gave Zelda a quick hug. "I guess I am fine here huh?"

 

The End

 

Mighty Ducks-The Animated Series, including all logos and characters (except mine and Gretchen’s) are copyright and property of Disney. You may copy, print, or whatever with this document, so long as it is not altered and we (Zelda and Gretchen) are credited. Thanks!