The Mark, part 3

Written by Zelda

 

                Stock grumbled loudly as he headed up through the Raptor's corridors. This whole operation was like walking into a death trap. He reached the door to the main control cockpit. It was closed, and guarded by two drones, who stared rather rudely at him.

                "Open it." Stock growled at them. The drones were slow to carry out his order. Stock drew in a breath and proceeded in. A surprised Draguanus leaned out of his throne, turning around.

                "What the blazes are you doing in here?" he bellowed. "You're supposed to be carrying out my orders!!"

                "Your orders are too demanding for such a small group as we Draguanus." Stock yelled up to him in a threatening tone. "It would take a whole warfleet to destroy your enemies. I'm cutting out of this deal, nothing costing you but our signing fee."

                "What?!?!?" Draguanus was enraged. He leapt out of his throne and came stalking for Stock. "I don't care about your whining you pathetic scrap of a trash picker! You get down there and start doing some real damage, or you'll be lucky of you get off of this planet alive!" Stock stood still.

                "I've got my rights to cut out of this deal Draguanus. If you try to tell The Mark otherwise, you'll be the lucky ones if you're left alive."

                "Get out of my sight you weakling scum. So help me you'll never get hired in this universe again!" Dragaunus fumed. Stock pressed a few buttons on his teleporter.

                "We've got the green light guys." he spoke into his com. "Meet me at the Warbird." He activated his teleporter and turned back to Dragaunus. "We're the smart ones Draguanus. With opponents like this you'll never stay alive long enough to see victory." Stock disappeared.

 

                The Pond's lower chambers echoed with exaggerated voices and short laughs.

                "I'm tellin' ya Duke, you shoulda seen the look on Mortar's face when QJ just zapped 'em outta there." Dive slapped the maroon-clad Duck on the shoulder.

                "Ow!" Duke snarled, hitting Nosedive back.

                "Yeah, that was terrific." Candy giggled behind them. "One of those classic 'Oh-snot-what-the-heck-just-happened?' type of looks."

                "Sorry I was too busy holding up this sack of rocks here to notice." Zelda ruffled Matt's hair good-naturedly as she perched on his shoulder.

                "Sack of rocks?" he asked in mock offense. He humphed and pushed Zelda to the floor.

                "So what DID ever happen to The Mark?" Wildwing asked them, joining them from another corridor.

                "If they were smart, they woulda cut outta there." Mallory shook her head.

                "Since when have you known Saurians to be smart?" Kay joked. Laughing, the group disappeared around a corner.

 

The End

Mighty Ducks-The Animated Series, including all logos and characters (except me) are copyright and property of Disney. You may copy, print, or whatever with this document, so long as it is not altered and I (Zelda) am credited. Thanks!