Another Side of the Negaverse

Written by Zelda

 

                Though most of the adventures I type up are with the Mighty Ducks, I, along with my leader friends, also assist other superheroes in the battles against crime and evil. These include Freakazoid!, and Earthworm Jim. My efforts aren't bound by the brand of Disney or Warner Bros. Anyway, this adventure-or misadventure-deals with one superhero I never really hooked up with. Darkwing Duck. His show is still on the air, only in syndication. Yes, it was sad, but he was put out of commission before I met him. However, fate sees to its own ways, and so the following came to pass.

 

                Darkwing Duck perched warily on the top of a building, looking over into the alleyways of St. Canard.            "Darkwing Duck scans the backside of St. Canard, ready to fight crime!" he muttered to himself, as he watched a lonely car drive past. Suddenly, he thought he heard something behind him. Turning, he stared back at the building roof, and the cityline beyond. Seeing nothing, he turned back to the dimly lit streets. Suddenly, he heard it again. Turning around, he saw a small form in the shadows.

                "Who are you?" he asked.

                "The question is, where do we stand?" the shadow answered slyly, still coming towards him.

                "We're on top of Gus's Appliance Warehouse." answered Darkwing, confused.

                "That's not what we meant. There are two grounds visible here. One is the ground of good, and the other is the ground of evil. To you, it shouldn't matter who we are, but on which ground we stand." the shadow answered. Darkwing drew his gas gun. This was a weirdo, and he wanted to know who or what it was. Just a few more steps, and it would come into the light created by the street lamps below. Suddenly, he heard a deep growling off to his left. Before he could react, something leapt out, and tore the gas gun from his hands. Darkwing looked down in alarm, to see the creature had already withdrawn. Before he could look back up, something slammed him back, against the gravel on the rooftop. He started up into the face of Diamond the lion, but it was strangely twisted. The eyes burned red, and two glittering, ivory canine teeth drooped over her lower lips, one on each side. The silver that lined her ears was not silver at all, but dull metal, and long, slightly curved spines protruded up out of her back, one about every two or three vertebra. The claws that pressed hard into his flesh were about two inches longer than normal.

                "Diamond..." started Darkwing, surprised. But he was stopped when he noticed she was not alone. Three more figures stepped out of the shadows. Zelda, Northstar, and Silver came out, each with similarly altered features. Zelda had spines down to the tip of her tail, and a small horn on her snout. Northstar clutched Darkwing's gas gun in his claws.

                "And we." snarled Zelda, the voice of the original shadow. "Stand on the grounds of evil!"

 

                Darkwing was shoved into a dimly lit clearing amidst the stacked crates and barrels in the old warehouse. He stopped walking to look around, when Silver yanked the chains that roped his hands and torso back.

                "Keep moving!" he snarled angrily, eyes blazing red.

                The four left him in the middle of the room, and proceeded to a high stack of crates, that nearly reached the ceiling.

                "We have captured him." smiled Zelda, licking her teeth.

                "Excellent work, my noble henchmen!" laughed a voice.

                "I'd know that voice from anywhere!" yelled Darkwing.

                "And I'm not surprised." snarled Negaduck, standing on top of the crates.

                "What have you done to them?" demanded Darkwing, gesturing to the four.

                "Nothing at all." replied Negaduck. "Never forget that the Negaverse contains all the residents of this universe, Dimwing. The Negaverse Zelda, Northstar, Silver, and Diamond are my most faithful of henchmen."  The four paced around Darkwing, laughing like hyenas. They taunted him, lashing their tails and whipping their wings.

                "We are the great symbols of evil in our beloved Negaverse." snarled Northstar. "And now that Negaduck is our leader, we have leave to start spreading our evil here as well!"

                Suddenly, Zelda shoved a large hook into the back of Darkwing's chains, and he was lifted a few feet off of the ground by a rope and pulley attached to it.               

"But if your so evil, why work for Negaduck?" asked Darkwing, struggling.

                "It was our leader who gave us our war-thorns." grinned Diamond, proudly rattling the spines on her back. "We already had the evil in our blood, we just needed some cosmetic...enhancements, to make it show."  

"Besides, it's so much more fun to be henchmen." snarled Zelda. "Sure you do all the dirty work, but it's well worth it." as she said this, she turned up to Negaduck.

                "Oh yes." he grinned. "About your pay... You see Dumbwing, these henchmen aren't paid in money, or a piece of the gain."

                "Then how?" asked Darkwing, trying to loosen the chains.

                "Oh, laughing, gloating..." giggled Northstar.               

"And." snarled Zelda, spinning Darkwing around to look him in the face. "We get to kill you."

 

                The storage house spun into a blur, as Darkwing was twirled around on the rope.

                "Oh, I know!" laughed Diamond. "Let's play pinata!" She covered her eyes with one paw, and made a wide swipe for Darkwing's side.

                "Missed by a mile!" laughed Darkwing, spinning to a stop.

                "Well I won't miss this time!" Diamond roared. Suddenly, Darkwing felt a searing pain down his right side, below the chains. He opened his eyes to see blood flowing between the huge tears in his suit. The five leaned back and howled in laughter. Squinting in pain, Darkwing fumbled through a pocket, and grabbed an old, thin reed whistle. He tossed it up into the air, and caught it in his beak. He blew on it, hard. "I hope this works..." he thought.

                The four suddenly ducked and covered their ears, uncoiling after a second.

                "What was that supposed to do?" laughed Silver. Zelda covered her eyes next, and swatted powerfully at Darkwing with her tail. The spines tore into the side of Darkwing's face.

                "Ooh, good shot!" laughed Negaduck. "Now it's my turn!"

 

                Zelda stood up suddenly, whining.

                "What?" asked Wildwing. "What is it?"

                "A signal I haven't heard in a long time... but it's familiar...I know it from somewhere." Zelda muttered.

                "What?" asked Tanya, walking over to Zelda.

                "It was on old signal...I haven't heard it in years." marveled Zelda, thinking hard. Suddenly, she gasped.

                "Darkwing Duck!"

                "That old guy?" asked Nosedive.

                "Hey." snorted Zelda. "I met him years ago, and gave him the whistle then. Why he used it, I don't know, but it was urgent." Zelda thought for a minute. "Okay, I've gotta go." she said, heading out.

                "Your going to check this out?" asked Mallory, getting up.

                "I have to. I don't believe Darkwing's ever whistled for me before...I have to see what's up."               "We'll come too." said Wildwing, walking towards the door. "He may have whistled you to get in touch with us as well. There's a possibility Dragaunus is making trouble with him. Come on!" he yelled, and ran out for the Aerowing.

 

                As the Aerowing landed with a hiss of the braking thrusters, Diamond, Northstar, and Silver bounded up, panting, to the hatch.

                "We came as soon as we could." said Northstar.         

"Where is he?" asked Zelda.

                "I'm not sure, but I think he's in there." said Diamond, pointing to the old warehouse.

                "Let's try and sneak in." suggested Wildwing.

 

                Darkwing slumped down, charred and shaken. Negaduck stood above him on top of the stack of crates, grinning evilly, and holding a huge bazooka-shaped gun.  

"Now THAT was a nice shot." praised Silver.               

"Indeed." smiled Northstar, pacing around Darkwing.

                From behind a low stack of crates, the Ducks peered up.

                "What!?" whispered Northstar. "That's us out there!"

                "Now, today, we're going to learn how to make Duck Flambé." giggled (the Negaverse) Zelda. "First." she snarled, waving her tail at Darkwing. "Tenderize your piece of meat thoroughly!" She slapped Darkwing hard with her tail again and again on both of his sides, making him swing back and forth. "Next, singe well until blackened." she leaned back, preparing to blast a burst of fire from her jaws. Suddenly, a purple blur shot out of nowhere, knocking the Negaverse Zelda flat on her back. Standing over her, Zelda roared.

                "Not in my universe, you won't!" she snapped. Northstar, Silver, Diamond, and the Ducks came out from behind the crate.

                "Well well, the frivolous four have showed up, and brought a few friends!" laughed Negaduck.

                "Let Darkwing go!" shouted Mallory. "Not a chance, sweetheart." sneered Negaduck.

                Darkwing hung limply in his chains, still swinging back and forth.

                The Negaverse Zelda swiped up with her claws, knocking Zelda powerfully away. Zelda stumbled up, feeling the blood run down the side of her snout. She stood with the other three, as they advanced slowly.

                "Go back to your own universe, impersonators, before someone gets hurt." threatened Northstar.

                "Oh, but we want someone to get hurt!" laughed the Negaverse version.

                "Yeah, YOU!" screamed the Negaverse Silver, and the four flew at them. Zelda, Diamond, Northstar, and Silver were enswirled in battle with their impersonators.

                "Go!" yelped Zelda. "Get Darkwing out of here!"         

The Ducks advanced towards Negaduck, who drew back.

                "Oooooohhh, no. Your not going to take away my little chew toy!" laughed Negaduck. He picked his gun up again. "Have a look see at my newest little energy blaster!" he pulled the trigger, sending a basketball sized flash of energy flying at Mallory and Grin as they ran, and the two startled Ducks were thrown back against the ground. They got up slowly.

                "Get Darkwing!" yelled Wildwing. "We'll handle Negadirt!"

                "Hey! I'm the one who does the name calling on this show!" snarled Negaduck, jumping off of the stacked crates.

                "Wait a second, just who's show is this anyway?" asked Nosedive. The Ducks stopped for a moment, and looked at each other in confusion. Ignoring what was actually a very good question, Negaduck turned back to his gun, clicking a few switches.

                "He's cranking that thing up to full power!" yelled Tanya, as Negaduck pulled the trigger.

                "And now, it's time to say good-bye to all our company!" he yelled, as the blast shot out.

                The energy ball exploded on the floor, washing the Ducks below over with a fiery wave.

                Wildwing stumbled up, temporarily blinded by the shock, and glanced over to see the four leaders still in a rough battle with their Negaverse counterparts. Mallory and Grin were in the process of freeing Darkwing. Wildwing turned back to Negaduck. If he cooperated, it would all be over soon.

 

                Zelda shoved up hard with her back legs, and threw her Negaverse counterpart off of her stomach. Zelda staggered up. She was hurt bad. One of her eyes was shut, blinded from a cut over it, and she bled from other places along her side as well. This battle was proving tougher than she had imagined.

                Silver threw his opponent on top of the Negaverse Zelda, tying them both up for a moment. Silver staggered up to Zelda.

                "You okay?" panted Silver.

                "For now." replied Zelda, equally tired. Suddenly, the Negaverse Diamond and Northstar whirled past them, and stood in front of the other two. Northstar and Diamond came limping up to Zelda and Silver, and the four leaders stood over their Negaverse counterparts.

                "Leave this place...." growled Zelda.

                "Oh, but we were having so much fun!" whined Northstar.

                "Now!" she roared. "Before we kill you all!" The four Negaverse leaders turned and ran over to Negaduck.

 

                The four leaders limped up, torn and bruised, to the rest of the Ducks.

                "The game's over Negaduck." snarled Duke.

Negaduck growled, and suddenly leapt up to the top of the stack of crates again. Followed by the four Negaverse leaders, he escaped through an opening in the roof.

                "Let him go." sighed Grin. Wildwing walked over to where Darkwing lay on the floor.

                "How is he?" he asked.

                "Still unconscious, and pretty badly cut up." reported Mallory.

                "We couldn't take him to a hospital in this condition." said Diamond, pointing to his costume.          "We've got decent stuff in the Aerowing to take care of him. We could take him back to the Pond." suggested Tanya. Wildwing nodded.

                "Wait. Darkwing's got family, and a sidekick. They might want to come along." said Silver.

                "Get him onto the Aerowing." ordered Wildwing. Duke turned to the four leaders, who were limping along after Darkwing.

                "You guys okay?" he asked. "We'll be fine." assured Diamond. "Let's get outta here."

 

                Gosalyn was relaxing on the couch, watching TV.        

"Space Commanders, to the rescue!" she yelled, along with the TV, as Lauchpad lay asleep on a nearby chair. He awoke suddenly as the doorbell rang.

                "I'll get it!" yelled Gosalyn, as she turned away from the TV commercials and ran for the door. She opened it to find.

                "Mallory! Diamond!" she yelled in surprise.  

Lauchpad got up, and came over to the door.               

"Wow! The Mighty Ducks and the four leaders, here in St. Canard! Boy, I wish my dad was home, he would have loved to see you guys!"

                "Actually." sighed Diamond. "That's what we came to tell you about."

                "What?" asked Launchpad.

 

                "Dad!" Gosalyn ran over to Darkwing as he lay on a cot, in a corner of the Aerowing.

                The Ducks stood by the opposite wall, along with the leaders.

                "Will he be okay?" she asked, turning away from him, frightened.

                "Relax, your dad just needs some rest." soothed Mallory.

                "What happened?" asked Lauchpad, standing over Gosalyn.

                "Negaduck has some new partners in crime. Our Negaverse counterparts." explained Northstar.

                "We assumed we couldn't just leave him at a hospital, so we wanted to take him back to our medical facility at the Pond. If you guys want to come along, you're more than welcome." said Wildwing.

                "You go with Darkwing Gosalyn, I'll stay here in case there's any trouble." said Launchpad, heading back towards the open hatch.

                "Launchpad. Here." said Wildwing, handing him a spare com. "If you need any help, just call us.

                "Gee, you've been a big help, you really don't have to..." started Launchpad.

                "Forget it." smiled Wildwing. "We'd better be along."

                "Bye Launchpad!" yelled Goslyn, as the Aerowing's hatch closed.

                Launchpad stood back as the Aerowing lifted slowly off of the ground, and blasted away. Still holding the com, Launchpad sighed, and went back into the house.

 

                Zelda sat in the corner of the infirmary, watching the Medicom bed where Darkwing slept. It was late at night, and he hadn't recovered consciousness as of yet. The team was basically sitting around, while Gosalyn occupied the chair next to the bed. As Mallory walked by her, she stifled a yawn. Mallory turned, and smiled.

                "Tired?" she asked.

                "No, not really." Gosalyn answered quickly, perking up.

                Mallory smiled.

                "Come on, let your dad rest. You can sleep in my bunk if you want."

                "Oh...okay." sighed Gosalyn, getting up slowly. As she walked over to Mallory, Mallory noticed something.

                "Hey, you know what, you kind of look like I did when I was just a kid." Gosalyn looked puzzled.

                "Really?"

                "Yeah." agreed Silver. "I can see the resemblance between you two right now."

                Zelda grinned as the two walked out. She stood slowly. "Come on you guys." she yawned. "Let's get to bed."

                The other three leaders followed her out, and into the hallway.

                "Will Darkwing be okay?" asked Diamond.

                "Sure, the Medicom can handle anything." Zelda replied confidently.

                That night, Zelda awoke in the early hours, to glance around the living quarters where the Ducks slept. She smiled drowsily. Superheroes keep their own, and she was proud of the Ducks for covering for Darkwing. She slid back down into her hammock, and fell asleep.

 

                Zelda rose slowly in the morning, looking down at the floor. She yawned, stretched, and jumped down out of her hammock carefully, trying not to wake the others. She plodded along the metal tunnelways, and finally came to the infirmary door. The door opened with a soft hiss, and Zelda was surprised to find Gosalyn standing by her dad.

                "Gosalyn! I didn't know you were up." smiled Zelda, surprised.

                "Oh, I didn't want to wake anyone..." started Gosalyn, afraid she had done something wrong.

                "Oh, no, it's all right." smiled Zelda. She walked over to Darkwing's bedside, and reared up to see him better.

                "How is he?" she asked, looking over to the Medicom's control panels, clicking a few switches.        "Okay, I guess." sighed Gosalyn.

                "He's getting better." assured Zelda. "So, has anyone shown ya around the Pond yet?" she asked, trying to change the subject.

                "No." replied Gosalyn.

                "Well, come on." said Zelda, walking towards the door.

                Gosalyn sighed, turned away from her dad, and followed out the door.

 

                As Zelda showed Gosalyn around, she tried to work out her feelings. Her dad was lying on a Medicom bed just a few rooms away. Did it show? Zelda soon gave up, figuring someone like that had been through the experience a few times before. She had remembered hearing tale of Darkwing's adventures (and mishaps) at the Disney animation studios. The two rounded a bend near the Ready Room, when they met up with Nosedive.

                "Oh hey, I was looking for you guys!" he said excitedly. "Hey Gos, your dad just woke up!"

                "Really?" said the youngster, her eyes lighting up.

                "Well, let's go see him." grinned Zelda. But Gosalyn had already started running back towards the infirmary, and Zelda and Nosedive ran along after her.

 

                "Dad!" Gosalyn cried happily, throwing her arms around Darkwing's neck.

                "Hey, hey, easy Gos!" laughed Darkwing, leaning up slightly in bed.

                "Welcome to the Pond, Darkwing." smiled Wildwing, watching from a corner.

                "Well, I really have to thank you guys for rescuing me like that." coughed Darkwing, slightly embarrassed at the fact that he needed to be rescued.             "Hey, no prob." said Nosedive.

                Darkwing slowly sat up, and slid out of bed.

"Can you walk?" asked Zelda.

                "Yeah, sure." said Darkwing, wincing slightly as he paced around a bit.

                "Well come on dad, let's get back home! I'm sure Launchpad is worried about ya." said Gosalyn, tugging at Darkwing's cape.

                "Hey, no rush." said Tanya. "Remember, we gave him a com. We can contact him from here."

                "Really?" asked Darkwing, impressed. "Maybe these rookies aren't so bad at this job." he thought to himself.

                "Yeah, here, give it a try." said Duke, handing Darkwing a com.

                "Lauchpad? You there buddy?" Darkwing spoke into the com.

                Strangely, there was a hissing static as a response.

                "Hmmm, that's weird." said Tanya. "Lauchpad?" Darkwing asked again.

                As Tanya pressed a few buttons on her com, the static started clearing, revealing a hazy video image.             "There, that should clear it up." she said. Suddenly, the hazy gray image swirled reddish brown, and the sneering face of the Negaverse Northstar was revealed!

                "Hey kiddies!" he laughed. "Look guys! We got company!" he called, obviously to the others.

                "Oooh, feeling better Darkwing?" laughed Negaduck.

                "Better than you'll feel after I'm done with you! Where's Lauchpad?" he snarled.

                "Why he's right here. Not a scratch on him." assured Negaduck. "And he'll remain that way, if you stay far away from St. Canard."

                Darkwing frowned.

                "That's right masked moron, keep out of the way, and your sidekick won't be harmed. However, try and defy me, and he's lunch meat." sneered Negaduck. "Seeya!" And with that, the small screen went black.

                "Why that little..." snarled Darkwing.

                "We can track him." said Wildwing. "We're here to help, but this is your decision Darkwing."

                "What, are you kidding?" said Darkwing. "How fast can that Aerowing of yours go?"

                "Come on team, let's move!" said Wildwing, running for the door.

 

                The Aerowing landed in the parking lot of an old, abandoned mall, on the outskirts of St. Canard.     "Negaduck's here?" asked Darkwing.

                "Yeah, right in there." said Wildwing, pointing to the right wing of the long, flat complex.

                "Well, let's go! We can get in from the roof." Suddenly, an alarm went off on the Aerowing's control panel.

                "What now?" asked Wildwing.

                "Drake One's reporting a break in at the old chemical storage house, with teleportation energy!" said Tanya, checking the data.

                "Great, we're gonna have to split up." snorted Wildwing. "Duke, go along with Mallory and Nosedive. We have to check this out."

                "We'll go too." said Zelda and Silver.

                The three Ducks ripped out of the Aerowing hatch on their Duckcycles, with the two leaders flying close behind.

                "Okay, now we can move in." said Wildwing.

 

                Grin, Wildwing, Diamond, Tanya, Northstar, and Darkwing perched on top of the gravel-coated rooftop, peering into the abandoned mall from a grimy, slanted skylight window.

                "So? Where are they?" asked Diamond.

                "Shh, look." whispered Darkwing. As he spoke, three of the four Negaverse leaders flew just beneath the skylight, heading further down into the old mall.                "Great, they're probably patrolling the place." said Wildwing, drawing back slightly.

                "Once Negaduck sees me, he'll try and kill Lauchpad." said Darkwing.

                "What we need, is the smoke to blind the enemy's eyes." thought Grin.

                "That's it!" sad Darkwing, snapping his fingers. "I've got just the thing."

 

                The Duckcycles screeched to a halt before an old chemical storage building in the warehouse district of Anaheim. Zelda sniffed the pavement warily.

                "Well, let's get inside." said Mallory, looking up at the brick building.

                Duke went over to the two metal doors, rusted shut and bolted up. "Hey, no problem, sweetheart." he said, taking his duck saber off of his shoulder. With a few swipes, the metal doors fell backwards, into the building.

                Siege and Wraith turned around, alarmed, two flashlight beams waving in the darkness.

                "Ah ha! Gotcha!" laughed Nosedive, pulling out his puck launcher.

                "No." hissed a voice behind them. "I think we've got you!"

                The five spun around, alarmed, to find Dragaunus and The Chameleon looming over them from behind.

                "It's a trap!" screamed Zelda.

                "Indeed." smiled Dragaunus, pacing back from them, blocking the door.

                The five glanced around, panicking, for a way out, but there was none.

                "That Negaduck made good his word, huh boss?" smiled Siege.

                "What? You and Negaduck are in cahoots?" yelled Duke.

                "Oh yeah." laughed The Chameleon. "Nice guy, really, once ya get to know him."

                Dragaunus extended his hand, and a shocking wave suddenly came over the five. They wrenched back in pain for a second, and then fell to the floor. Dragaunus lowered his hand, and smiled.

                "Hurry!" he ordered. "We have to get in position for the next step in our little plan."

 

                Launchpad struggled desperately, trying to get out of the ropes that currently tied him up. He was hung from the ceiling, done up the same way Darkwing had been.

                The four Negaverse leaders paced impatiently around him, yipping and giggling. Negaduck himself sat on an old wooden bench, amidst the dusty, bare, concrete floors.

                "You have to admit, this is a great hideout." he smiled.

                "Oh yeah!?" yelled a voice. "Not great enough to hide from me!"

                "What the..." started Negaduck.

                "I am the terror that flaps in the night!" started the voice again, a huge cloud of smoke suddenly appearing in the middle of the room.

                "I am the crossover story that never should have been. I ...I ...I can't believe I'm actually doing this." The smoke quickly dissipated, flapped away by Northstar, revealing Wildwing, wearing Darkwing's cape and hat. This sight proved so intensely funny to Negaduck and his henchmen, they immediately rolled over laughing on the floor. Finally though, they recovered, and the four Negaverse leaders started surrounding Wildwing.

                "What should we do with this sitting duck, boss?" asked Silver.

                "String him up by the other one." Negaduck laughed, still amused at Wildwing's new turn in fashion.             

"Umm, boss..." started the Negaverse Northstar. "What other one?"

The five turned to see that Launchpad was gone!

"Lookin' for me?" asked Launchpad, peering down safely from the skylight. Suddenly, something picked Negaduck up by the shoulders, and hoisted him up into the air. Grin threw Negaduck into the center of the room, and started towards the other four. The four Negaverse leaders turned towards their boss, but Wildwing pointed his puck launcher right at their snouts. Suddenly, Zelda felt a rope squeeze tightly around her middle. She looked backwards in alarm, to see Darkwing tying her up with a rope.

"I don't think so." he grinned.

 

                The Negaverse Silver swung lightly back and forth on his rope, looking hopelessly down at the dusty floor. Darkwing and Tanya finished tying the knot to hold him up by the ceiling, and leapt down to join the others.

"That should do it." he smiled. Diamond and Northstar were more than entertained spinning the five around until they were dizzy.

"You guys can just hang out until the authorities get here." grinned Wildwing, taking off Darkwing's cape and hat, and handing them back to their original owner.

"A job well done." Tanya smiled.

"But perhaps not entirely done." reminded Grin.

"Jeez, that's right, the others must still be busy with those lizards." said Wildwing, hastily turning on his com. "Dive? What's up Bro.?" The video image came in clearly.

"Bro.! It's a trap!" yelled Nosedive.

Suddenly, Dragaunus loomed into the picture. "Give me that, you little whelp!" he snarled, tearing the com off of Nosedive's wrist.

"Dragaunus!" yelled Wildwing angrily.

"Hello duckies!" he laughed.

"Give it up Dragaunus." snarled Grin.

"Oh, I don't think so." he laughed. He held the com up, showing those on the other end what he had done to their teammates. Duke, Mallory, Nosedive, Zelda, and Silver were strapped against a thick concrete pillar by a series of strange, glowing chains. "I have a Solarinite* bomb that will turn this building to melted mortar when it goes off." he snarled, turning the com back to himself. "We are leaving, but your free to come and get your comrades...if you dare." he snarled. Suddenly, the picture faded to black.

"Come on!" yelled Wildwing, running to the doors. "We have to get back to Anaheim!"

 

                Dragaunus lifted his heavy foot off of what once was Nosedive's com. He turned to the five others, who struggled collectively to try and free themselves.

"Oh, don't bother." smiled Wraith. "Those chains have been possessed by the powers of our Saurian ancestors. They're unbreakable."

"Siege, set the Solarinite bomb." ordered Dragaunus.

Siege leaned over, setting the glowing orange bomb. "It's set! That thing'll blow in ten minutes!"

"Excellent!" laughed Dragaunus. "Say good-bye to our fowl friends!" Dragaunus and his henchmen teleported out in a gaping green shadow. The five turned to each other, and then continued to struggle, with an added note of desperation.

 

                The Aerowing landed with a hiss, and the six jumped out quickly. "Stay here Gosalyn!" yelled Darkwing, as the hatch closed behind them. They ran quickly through the open doorway, and deep into the building.

"Wildwing!" called Mallory. "Over here!" The six ran up to them, assessing the situation immediately.

"Tanya! Try and disarm that bomb!" ordered Wildwing. Silver and Northstar started tearing and biting forcefully at the chains, while Darkwing went around the pillar, finding the two ends of the chain were held shut by some sort of computerized lock.

"Try my saber!" grunted Duke, wrenching his right shoulder from the chains.

Wildwing pulled the saber off, and tried hacking away at the chains, but to no avail.

"Hurry! This place is gonna melt in three minutes!" yelled Tanya, still prying around inside the bomb with her Omnitool. Grin tried yanking the chains apart, but to no avail. Launchpad went nosing through some crates nearby, and came back with a crowbar. Darkwing put it between the chain links, and wrenched back, hard. The trapped Ducks and two leaders had resorted to panicked squirming to try desperately and free themselves. Tanya finally gave up with the bomb, which was pretty much fastened to the floor, and tried to melt the chains apart with her laser. Darkwing, shoved the crowbar in the lock, and wrenched it back and forth. Finally, the lock hinged open, and the chains fell to the floor, losing their glowing properties.

"We've got 20 seconds to get out of here!" yelled Wildwing, running for the door. The whole party picked up and ran out, flinging themselves in a pile of garbage bags across the alleyway. They crouched in fear as the Solarininte bomb exploded, and the entire building melted to liquid brick and mortar. Avoiding the molten substance, they made their way slowly back to the Aerowing, and boarded.

"Whew!" panted Northstar, nearly collapsing inside. "I thought we were goners!"

"So did I." confessed Mallory.

"That was quick thinking, Darkwing." praised Tanya.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, well, it all comes with experience, I guess." he smiled, dusting himself off.

 

"Well, it was real nice workin' with ya, buddies." said Nosedive, as Darkwing, Gosalyn, and Launchpad stepped off of the Aerowing hatch, and onto their front lawn. "But, we got a game tomorrow."

"Hey, same here." smiled Launchpad, shaking Wildwing's hand.

"Don't hesitate to ask for help if you should ever need it." said Zelda.

"Are you suggesting that the greatest crimefighter in St. Canard needs help?" grinned Darkwing, as the hatch started to close.

"Hey." sneered Silver. "Every little bit helps."

 

The End

 

Mighty Ducks-The Animated Series, including all logos and characters (except mine) are copyright and property of Disney. You may copy, print, or whatever with this document, so long as it is not altered and I (Zelda) am credited. Thanks!