Feel

Written by Zelda

 

This is pretty angry… I think it came from listening to a little too much of Tool’s music. There’s language at the end, so if you’re under 18 or so, just pretend it isn’t there. What’s it about? Well… Zelda’s had to reason over why she is so disquieted by cities (and areas of human habitation in general, to a lesser extent) several times in the past. It’s hard for her to explain, this is the closest she could come. Very metaphorical, but also very close to the answer.  She eventually gives up in the end, just like always. Poor little dragon!

 

 

 

 

You wish to know what I feel, how I feel?

 

 In your world, in your heart, trapped in a thousand metal spiderwebs threading needle singing through my skin?

 

Go to some place you don't know.

 

Still, some place full of you, all of them just like you, nothing but noise.

 

No flowerpetal birdsong; footfall noise and concrete.

 

Go and stand,

 

In the midst of the crowd,

 

In the middle of the street.

 

Stand and look up at the sky.

 

Stand arms down and close your eyes.

 

What do you feel, how do you feel?

 

Trapped in the swirling anonymity of things that slowly recede from you. Slowly lose their identity.

 

Do you feel it? Footfall riot of a thousand strangers around you.

 

Your eyes are closed, your hands are down, your neck is open.

 

One or a hundred come wheeling blind from the darkness for your belly.

 

What do you feel, how do you feel?

 

In the dark? Vulnerability chewing your kidneys? Aren't you comfortable here?

 

This place is full of you. But you cannot see them. You cannot see yourself.

 

Reality fleeing from you only just behind your eyelids.

 

You know nothing, you are nothing.

 

Don't you fucking open your eyes, you wanted to know.

 

You see me. You are me.

 

 

Useless.

Just fucking walk away.